Brother Arrives to Stay!

Thursday 13 November 2008

First Post of this week ... on a Thursday! :-((

As you can tell (from the lack of posts!), dear Crafters, it has been a very hectic week for me, which is the reason I have unfortunately been unable to write this week. At last, I can sit in front of the computer (not for work, but for pleasure!). I hope you have all had a good week and enjoying whatever you have been busy on, over the past few days.

I didn't mention in my previous post that I started a couple of evening classes at my local Adult Education Centre. On Tuesdays I attend a Psychology class - I can tell you it is absolutely fascinating!! We have been learning about Attachment - from infants into adulthood - for the past 5 weeks. Last week we did Research Methods to train us in how to carry out interviews, design questionnaires and analyse data. Next week, we will move on to Memory (Short term and Long term) as well as Eye Witness Accounts - how accurately (or not!) people remember things that they only see very briefly. On Wednesdays I am doing Maths Plus which is basic principles of Mathematics and Statistics - something I was very weak on at school. The teacher is wonderful, very patient and excellent at explaining things! So I am enjoying a completely different type of learning nowadays, not so much pressure with exams, dissertations etc. Just for the joy of learning new things.

Thank you, to my dear friend Angel San for posting a comment to me. Yes, I am definitely suffering from lack of sunshine. Without a doubt, today must have been the most dull, grey day of the autumn, not a single glimmer of sunshine at all. Guess what, San, I have treated myself to a Daylight Lamp, so now I will be able to try stitching some evenings, like you :-) Although, saying that, I am so tired by the time I get home from work, I don't always have energy to start stitching my project. I have not made much progress on it since posting the photo, but I hope that tomorrow and over the weekend will be more productive. I am eager to start stitching the border with all those adorable animals. San, please could you say to your Mom that I will respond to her lovely email about Squirrels over the weekend.

Well, that's my bit of news for today. I will hopefully be able to post something of a crafty-theme over the weekend. Also I have been collecting some discount vouchers that Hobbycraft seem to put into every magazine for £3 off every £15 - hey, that's 20% off, if I have my maths correct :-) So I am hoping to get down to the Greenford Branch, sometime before 14th Dec (when the vouchers expire).

Enjoy the rest of your day!
Ali xxx

1 comment:

Margaret said...

So glad you bought a daylight lamp to get you through these dull days Alison. It is sooooo dull here in The Netherlands too - makes me miss the south-west I must admit.

Will write you all about our move very soon.

hugs,