Brother Arrives to Stay!

Saturday 2 May 2009

Long Time, No Blog!

Hi everyone!

It has been far too long since I last did a blog entry. I am back on the studying game, I'm afraid. I have been studying for my Advanced Level Psychology and my exams are on 13th May (Paper 1) and 15th May (Paper 2), then I will be free for the summer hoorah! 15th May would be Mike's birthday so it is a special day and I will do my best for him.

I have quite a lot going on at the moment - my brother and SIL are coming across from USA to stay with me for a whole week and I am really looking forward to it. We are going over to see our 3 cousins and will have a big get-together with about 12 of us all together - it will be mad, but fun. One of the days my brother is over here, we will be going to London as there are quite a few people he wants to get together with, so we thought it would be nice to get everyone together in a restaurant. I'm glad I have taken the week off work, because I'm going to need a bit of a rest after all that ha ha!! Also I have a 3-day training course for work, over near Bristol so that should be good fun.

I hope you are enjoying some warm sunshine - I have been out in the garden all afternoon so I am getting a bit of a tan :-)


I am hoping to do some cross-stitch this weekend as I haven't done any stitching for weeks. In the small amount of free time I have had, I made a few birthday cards as I have a total of 7 birthdays in April/May - its a very busy time. I found a fantastic kit -- see above -- on the Internet (Michael Powell), which is a picture of Tenby in Pembrokeshire. Pembrokeshire has stunning coastlines (owned by the National Trust) and it has many wonderful places to walk and 'be'. The kit will bring back some very happy memories, as I was over there for the first time ever this Easter weekend, with a couple of friends. Coincidentally, we stayed at a lovely hotel called The Grange which was going to be used for some filming of the next Harry Potter film! When we were over there, we were lucky enough to have great weather and spent one day walking round Tenby with our cameras - it is a really picturesque seaside town, with cute pastel coloured buildings as you can see, from Michael Powell's beautiful representation above.

Well, I hope you enjoy the long weekend (for those in UK) as we have a Public Holiday next Monday yippee extra lie-in!

Happiness always
Alison xx

5 comments:

Rowyn said...

Good luck with your exams.

Love the Michael Powell kit - it's gorgeous!

Von said...

Sounds like a very busy time for you! Glad you're getting away for some fun. :)

Chiloe said...

Have fun with your brother;-)

The kit must be a lot of work but it's surely worth it ;-)

Margaret said...

How absolutely exciting that your brother will be here in four days. Really - to stay? Wow that is so great for you Alison.

Hope your exams went well and that you now have loads of time to enjoy summer, stitching and of course your brother.

Love the Michael Powell kit you have. I've stitched one of his pieces and loved the journey.

hugs, Margaret

Margaret said...

I hope you still get around to reading your comments Alison and hope all is well there.

Have been wanting to contact you but since the new computer I can't get at your email address.

Please contact me at megratdataviadotcom so I will be able to write you and catch you up on our lives.

hugs, Margaret